Hollywood sign

Hollywood sign

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Shawshank Redemption Review

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) Poster



Shawshank Redemption Review
5/5 stars
Credit for cast/and picture goes to IMDB.com

Shawshank written ,a short story, by the legendary Stephen King it has an all star cast of actors. Headed up by the lead in the film Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins ) and Red Redding (Morgan Freeman ) the film is about the fact that Andy “kills” his wife and is sent to prison. Soon he meets Red who is the man that can get things and a friendship ensues. Movies can sometimes be predictable and to me it’s not so much about how the movie ends, but how you get there. The message that this movie gives off is a strong one of hope, compassion and friendship. Considered by IMDB to be the greatest movie ever made I have to agree, though it did lose the academy award to Forest Gump. It’s one of those movies you have to see in your life time, powerful and thought provoking you can feel the personality ooze of the screen. Quotes are a big deal to me, in all my favorite movies like the Godfather (etc..) there are legendary quotes that seem to transcend a good film and Shawshank Redemption is no different. Andy says “I guess it comes down to a choice, get busy living or get busy dying.” and it’s later repeated by Red ( freeman could read the phone book and it would sound cool. ) Awesome movie, one that can’t be missed.



Stars:

  |


3 comments:

  1. Marshel well i think after reading this review i would have to say you make a compelling argument to see the movie. i had always thought it was a depressing movie but it would not appear to be that depressing. i like how you have a large amount of information about the cast and the history of the film even when it comes to the academy of awards. with morgan freeman you cant go wrong. I will go watch this movie or try too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah from the outside looking in it can seem like a depressing movie. A man locked in prison, but when you find out that it's about the relationship of that man and his hope for the world. Then it changes you view, and makes you walk away thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm not going to lie, but for some reason unbeknownst to be I have avoided this movie...Until now! Your review definitely made me want to see this movie. I didn't know that Shawshank was beat out by Forest Gump, which is an all time favorite movie for me. I will be watching this movie, and I really like your writing and your review. Will you be review recent movies that have come out or just movies that you have enjoyed in the past? Either way, I dig it.

    ReplyDelete